Monday 23 January 2012

A Special Card

It was one of my closest friends 30th Birthdays last week so I decided a special card was in order to celebrate the occasion!!

 This is an 8x8 Card, using Centura Snow White Pearl Card.  I cut out the base square using my Cricut Storybook cartridge, using the shadow feature for the Purple Card (which is also Centura Pearl) and then the regular size using Snow White again!
 I used the same technique with the shadow feature for the letters but the other way round so that the White is the shadow and then I ran the Purple letters through my Cuttlebug in an embossing folder just to add a bit more interest and dimension to the card!
 I made this flower using card stock and cutting the shapes out with the cricut (there are all different shapes layered in this flower) I misted them with Cosmic Shimmer Mist (I think it was Indigo) then scrunched them up a bit, layered them up and added a nice bit of bling in the centre! As well as adding the little rhinestones, which I used a template to stick them all on in the swirly pattern!
 As a couple of finishing touches I added a felt butterfly as the friend I was making this card for absolutely loves them so I felt it was only right, and I also added three little rhinestones in the unused corners just to finish it all off and bring it all together!
 Just really like this picture with the shadows as I took it when the run was going down! Maybe doesn't show the card off in it's best way but I think it looks quite dramatic!!
Very pleased with the finished look!
Speak Soon
Nat -x-
http://ppp-makeitmonday.blogspot.com/2012/01/make-it-monday-73-with-cupcake-cards.html

9 comments:

  1. This is great! She will love it. I saw it on MIM so had to take a closer look. xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Stunning Nat.. Saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is all so pretty. Wonderful flower and I really like the embossing on your numbers. Saw you over at Make it Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning .love that butterfly and the " number" .great design .Thanks for sharing on make it Monday
    Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Nat.. Saw this very Beautiful card on MIM.. faye

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the monochromatic look. Saw your project on Make it Monday and had to come over and take a closer look.
    TFS
    Paul
    Crafty Blogocks
    DT Member for Catch The Bug

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous creation, love the the monochromatic look. I saw this on Make it monday and had to pop over to take a closer look.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nat

    Fabulous card, really striking with the white and purple colour combo.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an awesome creation and the colors are very good in combination.

    plastic cards
    plastic card printing

    ReplyDelete